CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Some of my cards!!

Friday 12 June 2009

65th Birthday card for Clare's sketch challenge

Friday at last!! I hope you have some nice things planned for the weekend. My eldest daughter is doing her first display of Highland Dancing at one of the local primary schools summer fete and she is very excited about it. Hopefully it will go okay as she hasn't been doing it very long!!
My card today is the one I made for my Father-in-law's 65th Birthday (which is today, so HAPPY BIRTHDAY MICHAEL if you are reading this!!!!).







I followed Clare Curd's sketch over on the DoCraft's website. I made the card blank from double sided patterned card to add a bit of interest. It came from the Papermania monochrome collection.
The wooden numbers were from The Works I think. I inked them with black ink and then used black embossing powder. When cool I covered in clear pigment ink and embossed with holographic powder to make them nice and shimmery! The buttons were from a black and white embellishment set from Lakeland. I've attached them with silver Desire Wire from my jewellery making stash. The ribbons were also from the embellishment set. The patterned paper is from the CCSR Big One paper pack.
Thanks for looking!! Have a good weekend!!

3 comments:

Sarpreet said...

Georgous card Clare, good luck with the challenge x

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Fantastic card Claire, Dianne xx

Aunty Sue said...

Hi claire this is fab love the numbers. Have a 50th to do and wondered about a number card. Sue xx