CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Some of my cards!!

Saturday 20 June 2009

Father's Day card

Hi everyone!!

Hope you are all having a nice relaxing weekend. I popped in to Papercrafts in Elgin today (in between dancing classes, trips to the beach etc etc!!) hoping to get one of the new Diane Duda stamps after seeing them on the Sugar Nellie blog hop yesterday. When I got there they were still cutting up the rubber and packaging them up, so I wasn't able to buy one. Must pop back next week as they are very cute!!




This card is the one I made for my Dad for Father's Day. I knew I had seen mini-book cards like this so Googled it and ended up getting the template from www.craftytemplates.co.uk.

After cutting out the basic template and covering the pages with patterned paper (from Papermania's For Him pack), I punched holes with my crop-a-dile, set eyelets and fastened the mini-book together with ribbon.

I cut out the letter shapes again in card, and inked them all over in fluid chalk to add a bit of interest (VersaMagic Aegean Blue and Cloud White, ColorBox Burnt Sienna).

The metal square embellishments were from Papermania ages ago. Ribbon and buttons from my stash.

We're off on a trip to the Highland Wildlife Park tomorrow so I'm hoping for good weather!!!

Thanks for looking!!

Claire xx